New protein apple pie bar recipe! For most of you you already know we make and sell our signature Fit Kitchen Direct protein bars but I like to experiment with new recipes and this one is great for a little protein dessert and I highly recommend if it fits in your diet that day a little dairy free ice cream!
2 1/2 cups gluten free coconut flour (or flour of your choice
1/2 cup vanilla vegan protein powder (be careful on what kind of protein powder you use some can make the bars turn gross real fast. I use Arbonne's no flavor protein powder to cook with and it works great.)
2 Tablespoons granulated sweetener (I typically use coconut sugar)
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup or more of coconut milk (you may need to add a little more to get the batter to stick together I eyeball it)
1. Grease or line large baking dish
2. In large bowl combine dry ingredients, flour, protein powder, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg mix well
3. In a microwave safe bowl combine nut butter and liquid sweetener and heat until melted together do not over heat. mix well an pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add applesauce and mix until well combined the batter will be crumbly
5. Add dairy free milk slowly while mixing until consistency is think and batter is formed
6. Place in baking dish and press firmly down. refridgerate for 30 mins top with a little more cinnamon and sugar. Enjoy!